Located on the Pacific slope of the Talamanca Range and within the Alexander Skutch Biological Corridor in Southern Costa Rica, the Las Nubes EcoCampus sits on 414 acres of land that include the Lillian Meighen Wright Centre landmark building, the Casita Azul community library, and several conservation areas, including the Las Nubes Biological Reserve.
Alexander Skutch Biological Corridor
The Alexander Skutch Biological Corridor (COBAS, Spanish Acronym) was created in 2005 by seven local communities along with the support of the Tropical Science Center and the Las Nubes Project of York University. The aim of the corridor was to promote ecological connectivity between the forest patches of the Las Nubes Biological Reserve and the Alexander Skutch Farm, known as the Los Cusingos Bird Sanctuary, and as a framework for improving local livelihoods and wellbeing linked to conservation.
Lillian Meighen Wright Centre
The Lillian Meighen Wright Centre is a +4,000 square foot facility with state-of-the-art facilities and offers overnight accommodations. If you are interested in running a program or visiting the Las Nubes EcoCampus, contact us at email@example.com
Teaching and Presentation Spaces
- Stage/Auditorium/Conference Room (60 seats)
- Seminar room (30 seats)
- The “Rancho”, an outdoor area overlooking the Las Nubes Biological Reserve (25 seats)
- Video and data projection systems
- Internet accessibility
- Access to Las Nubes Network of Hiking Trails
- 2 multiple occupancy bedrooms (12 people maximum capacity) with shared bathrooms
- 2 double rooms with private baths
- Each room has beds, linens, pillows, blankets and towels.
- We can accommodate very reasonably much larger groups using our network of homestays in the local community, or recommend good rental accommodation or hotels in the area.
- Catering facilities and access to drinking water
- Sustainable Construction
- Natural ventilation
- Landscape friendly design
- Bird-friendly windows
- Socially responsible and locally hired construction
- FSC certified construction materials
Get in Touch
Thank you for your interest in the Las Nubes Project!
For information concerning the Las Nubes Project or the Fisher Fund for Neotropical Conservation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Las Nubes EcoCampus
Santa Elena, Pérez Zeledón, Costa Rica