Study Abroad Summer Program, Information Session
Our Study Abroad Summer Program will run from May to July 2023.
The emphasis of the program is on experiential education, building on our long-standing relationships with diverse communities and groups in Southern Costa Rica. Courses usually take a community-based approach, developing collaborative projects that provide learning opportunities.
The following is the schedule of courses offered in Summer 2023:
- May 1 - 10, 2-23 | Narratives in/of Latin America: Individuals, Communities, and their Voices
- May 12 – 21, 2023 | Environmental Arts and Food Sovereignty
- May 23 – June 1, 2023 | Education for a Sustainable Future
- June 3 – 12, 2023 | Conservation and Development for Social-Environmental Sustainability and Wellbeing
- June 3 – 12, 2023 | Nature, Neoliberalism, Political Ecology: The Politics of Water in Costa Rica and Latin America
- June 25 – July 4, 2023 | Extraction and its discontents
- July 6 – 15, 2023 | Community Psychology
- July 17 – 26, 2023 | Promoting Global Health
Students can enroll in one or more courses (check with your program advisor).
To attend this session, register in advance.
For more information visit the Study Abroad section of our website